- TitleReopening of Reading Station
The brief was to create an event that would incorporate the formal re-opening of the station whilst including 350 invited guests who had all played a large role in its re-development. In addition we needed to cater for the needs of the public who would want to witness such a high profile visit.
- Transform upper deck within Reading Station into a conference area to seat 350 guests
- Design a plaque reveal for the station and the new HOPS train
- Secure delegate registration
- Provide a comprehensive live relay camera system
- Install a screen outside the station for the public to see the ceremony plus a stage area for the media
The key challenge was that despite having such a high profile guest the station had to remain open throughout, so the areas we needed were not available until we started our overnight get-in at 1am.
This combined with the many organisational, operational and security requirements ensured that this was an event that would require meticulous, minute-by-minute planning.
The success of this event was indeed down to the detailed planning sessions and many site visits. Every detail was assessed and planned, and a large team deployed to oversee and manage every area.
- Complete event logistics and management
- A bespoke set and stage, lighting and 12sq metre curved LED screen with a theatre style seating area.
- Design and production of a unique plaque reveal wall for the stage, and an adaptable plaque reveal system for a train
- A secure area with our own iPad registration system
- A comprehensive live camera system using Steadicam and microwave link technology to enable live pictures of HM The Queen to be viewed by the audience and outside by the public on a large truck based LED screen